Wisdom Words..

Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out Keeping You From Playing the Game.
When Life Gets Tough, The Tough Gets Going..So Plan Well.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Keep holding on...

..cause I know you'll make it through :)

Hi boys n girls! How r u today? Me...half of today i felt very not in the spirit..demotivated completely! My job hunting effort had been going on for almost 4 weeks now..that's a freakin' 1 month! aarrggghhh....and in this almost one restless month, i learnt a lot of new things and experiences which I don't even know could exist.

During my college days, things were actually going smooth and steady, but still i complaint a lot! And now as i thought about it all..my complaints were 80% unnecessary, really. Here I am now...in this outside world, the 'REAL World' people call it. I heard about how hard and tough it is out here, yes it is indeed! I finished my study in late May, and enjoy my 'after-study' holiday up to July. August said hello and I started looking for jobs. Man...it was madness out here.

I could not tell you how many resumes and cover letters i already sent to companies, how many form i had filled up, certificates being photocopied, and my passport sized photos are all over the country by now. I applied every companies I could find, from the ones related to my field to a totally unrelated! From all that, I got replied from only three..THREE! A company called me for an interview in Puchong, great start rite? But then parent interfere...and that's made me realized that, looking for job is hard..harder when you need permission to do anything, ever. Due to my parent's disapproval, i ditch that opportunity. Sad really. Another chance I turned down was from a resort. The latest one was a hypermarket, this one offered me immediate job but I cannot take it because of some personal reasons on my own. 

I know it's bad to turn down opportunities like that, but this what make job hunting experience worthwhile. Life is about taking chances, and risks...but I'm not living on my own. I have a family and love one and every decision I made is and will always be influenced by them. Not every chance is right for me, some maybe not so good...so I must be wise in choosing the best! After all, this is about finding a job for life! Things that I'll be doing for the rest of my grown up life. I want it to be fun, interesting every moment, and i love doing it. Otherwise, DEPRESSION. Later I will surely have a husband and kids I have to take care of and I wanted to give them the best of me, so by having a great job by that time will spare me the tension when i'm at home with them, showering them with all my love :) 

Yeeeaaahhh...that's all of it. My thoughts about job hunting, FOR NOW. This is a view from a beginner job hunter..maybe i'll learnt more after this, but hope it'll not take too long..I need to work ASAP! I feel the responsibility of being the eldest crushing on my shoulders..I want to start helping my parent paying for bills and stuff...and also my broadband bill (kantoi daddy baya slama tok ;p) I want to shop til i drop too...yes that's the dream! Car, house and other important stuff that i want to have..i want to have them fast! 

Now all i can do is cross my fingers, and pray for the best. He knows what's best for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment